The Roman Catholic Church
The Szent Jakab (Jacob) church originates from the 16th century (building year was noted as 1575) stood in the old village (later referred to by the Slovak settlers as "Stara Dedina" meaning 'Old village'; however, there was another church on the territory of today's cemetery.
This present church was renovated in 1700 from donations of the residents; stones were used from the old church's walls. In the 1760s, with support from István Klobusitzky a tower was added, then in 1799 it was rebuilt and extended; another extention followed in 1934 when a new tower was erected instead of the old one. A complete refurbishment took place in 1998.
The vicarage had already existed in 1575 but the first remaining birth and death records are dated from 1714. The one nave two aisle church - with the shrine facing about east - has a baroque character, the tower standing in front of the facade with belt and "clock" rims, with "voluta" gables (spiral ornamented gable) atached to it. The main entrance through the tower is arched as well as the windows above. The upmost windows have a stone bars with pin-shaped pillars. The steeple covered with a baroque onion-shaped top.
The walls are divided by vertical "stripes"; there is a small "hall" in front of the entrance of both aisles. The building has a quite high skirting board which clearly shows the different building periods through the different building techniques and materials. The sanctuary has a flat back-wall, there is a sacristy on both sides.
The nave and the aisles have three sections, the whole inner area is covered with "Czech" vaults.
Monument of St. John of Nepomuk
The aisles were connected to the nave by cutting through the walls. The monument of Nepomuki Szent János (St. John of Nepomuk), from about 1820, in classicist style. The pedestal is made of stone, and is 150 cm high. The statue is 160 cm tall, there are traces of paint on it; there is a halo with stars around the head. Made from limestone.
Gothic carvings in the vicarage
The gothic carvings - most likely from one of the old churches - were found during the renovations in 1934-35, when building the side-walls. The carvings are in the yard of the vicarage.
The most characteristic is a top part of a pointed window. The next one is a part of the window while the third one could be the part of a window-sill or doorstep.